The Connection Runners

12 Kibbles & Bits About Me

Yesterday, Megan and I capped off our afternoons with a quick 2-mile run & chat in the park. It was hot, I was tired, Megan was having a not-so-great day, so we just did our thang and ran the 2.06 in 20:49. Not bad.

Then we did our post-run self-photo ritual:

Then I sounded like a crazy stalker said something like, "Hey, Sweaty Emily always has fun during-the-run pics on her blog. Let's copy her."

So we did.

Megan has such a nice looking stride.

And I look like a turtle. (side note: one of my students last year used to always pronounce it "tur-TELL", which I found to be hilarious for some reason. I made him say it like everyday.)

Somehow, our inner Bring It On-ness came out, and we did some cheerleader-esque jumping.

I like to call this the Statue of Liberty. When the real thing's closed for remodeling next year, you can just go visit Megan and pay her $10. She might even pose for photos.

Some kind of weird tuck jump that I apparently remembered from 8th grade cheer tryouts. Oof. At least Megan's bf Ryan said that I "got pretty good air for a preggo girl!"

I highly recommend going on a running date soon and following it up with a silly photo sesh. Two thumbs up!

**************
Yesterday, I was nominated for the Butterfly Award by TriGirl at Tri-ing To Be Athletic.

<insert cool looking Butterfly Award badge here, but I don't know how to do that. Imagine one instead.>

I just started reading TriGirl's blog, but so far I love it! It's humorous (lots of totally awesome post illustrations) and chronicles her adventures in the Triathlon World. Go check her out and say hello!

For the Award, I get to share 12 random tidbits about myself. Perfect because 1) I didn't know what I was going to post about today; and 2) I like to talk about myself. Inner narcissist, ya know. Thanks, TriGirl, for giving me a shoutout on your blog!!

Name your favorite color: Not unlike TriGirl: GREY! Grey matches everything. I have grey bedroom walls, grey t-shirts, grey Saucony shoes, grey running shorts. It's like Eeyore took over my life.

Name your favorite song: Way hard. Who the hell has just one favorite song? Let's go with one of my favorites, a song I'll sing along to no matter where I am, who I'm with, or what time of day it is. It's upbeat, smacks of a good night at the bar, and it's sung by a guy with sweet, luscious dreadlocks.

Name your favorite dessert: This pregnant runner loves many desserts, all of the time. Currently, I'm 90% through a pan of brownies I made on Monday.

What wizzes you off: Who else thinks the word "wizzes" is hilarious? Anyhoo, things that wizz me off: people who park like jerks, politicians, crappy remakes of formerly good dance films like Footloose & Dirty Dancing, people who are famous just for being famous, paperwork that requires being faxed over, milk.

When you're upset you: Talk about how "wizzed" off I am. Usually, my husband deals with me being "wizzed" off, which is currently 50% of the time now that I'm riding the Pregnancy Roller Coaster of Emotions.

Your favorite pet: Duh, Baxter. She doesn't eat cheese or speak Spanish, but you can't deny that mustache.

Black or white: Michael Jackson. Is that a safe answer?

Your biggest fear: The diaper explosions that will inevitably happen next year. Oh, you want something serious? Failure. Always failure.

Best feature: Well, I'm built like a truck-stop waitress (no offense to any truck stop waitress who might be reading this blog). So let's go with my eyes. They are mysterious, just like the plotlines on General Hospital, except my eyes don't have a twin sister who'll return from the dead in two seasons.

Everyday attitude: Unstable. One moment I'm smiling, the next I'm a "grouchykins". It's like playing the lotto with me these days! However, if you feed me, you'll usually have a solid 60 minutes of good mood.

What is perfection: Not attainable. Let's be serious here: unless I lived in PhotoShop, my world won't be perfect. That's ok.

Guilty pleasure: Late-night radio programs that play only sappy love songs and have a soothing, psychologist-in-hiding host. Bonus points if listeners call in and dedicate certain songs to certain people by sharing a tear-inducing story.

Ok, according to the official Award Rules, I have to nominate some folks. Here you go!
Amanda @ There Are Two Sides
Megan @ Watch MeGo Run
Kimberly @ Healthy Strides
Kristin @ EchoCafe
Jess @ Run With Jess
Christina @ The Athletarian
Liz @ Running Lizard

If I didn't tag you, I still love you.

I want some Kibbles & Bits from you: answer any of the above questions in the comments for today!