The Connection Runners

DONE

Ladies and gentleman... ..We have surgical completion!!

In the end, surgery wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated, but it certainly took a lot out of me!

Not at all excited at 4am on my last day...

After this long weekend, I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine- exercise, healthy eating, spending time with friends and the hubs, and BLOGGING! Can you tell I'm excited? The last week in the OR was truncated, and I had Thursday off to study. So naturally I took a study break and got another haircut...

I needed a change, and this may be my favorite length! Takes 2 seconds to wash and dry and is easy to style. LOVE.
After I plowed my way through not one but two exams on Friday, it was time to celebrate with some friends.

Dress, belt, necklace from Francesca's, shoes Steve Madden

Also, before I forget, I wanted to quickly share the delicious treats I made for my surgery team on the last day...

Nutella Cocoa Krispie Treats
Recipe modified from Oh She Glows Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats
Hands down the most delicious rice crisp treats I've had! No butter,
no added sugar, no marshmallow, no bake-- all good.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup nutella
1/4 cup natural PB

1/2 cup brown rice syrup (holds it together)
1 TBSP butter (I used earth balance)
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
3 cups brown rice cereal (I used Envirokids Koala Crisp)
Optional "frosting"- 1/4 cup dark choc chips + 1 TBSP nutella + 1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Combine nut butter, syrup, butter, and salt in a medium sized pot. Combine over medium heat and stir until heated thoroughly.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Add rice crisp cereal. Stir until coated.
4. Pour mixture into a 8x8/9x9 baking pan (greased or lined w/ parchment), press into pan w/ fingers.
5. Place pan in the freezer for 5-15 mins to set.
6. Mix up "frosting"- melt choc chips w/ nutella and vanilla. Spread onto cooled treats. Sprinkle w/ choc chips, nuts, M&Ms, PB chips, etc.
7. Store in fridge for best result.

The team loved them. Lets just say they were gone well before lunchtime :-).

Well I'm off to enjoy the sun! Happy 4th!

What are your 4th of July plans?