The Connection Runners

Dino Tracks!

I am always on the hunt for free affordable things to do with Dash. Recently he watched a discovery channel documentary on dinosaurs and it reminded me of something I had done in my youth. North of Austin is a river where dinosaur tracks were discovered years ago. I remember going as a child and knew it was something Dash would enjoy.

When I visited 20 years ago (as a baby YOUNG child) we were able to swim and play in the water. Right now we’re in a drought, so there was very little water. The dried up river bottom was gorgeous though. Its not exactly a tourist destination, so we had to park under a bridge and hike up stream. Here are some pics from our adventure.

CIMG4469
CIMG4487

Dino tracks

CIMG4500
CIMG4549
CIMG4477

Walk like a DINOSAUR

CIMG4506

. One print by my back foot,one by Dash’s front foot.

Acrocanthosaurus

These tracks were made by the Acrocanthosaurus. This type of dinosaur was 40 ft long and weighed close to 7 tons. After studying the prints, experts believe he was running FROM something. Interesting to think there was something bigger and scarier then him out here.

CIMG4529
CIMG4562

Testing the water…

CIMG4534
CIMG4521

We had a great time playing and enjoying nature.Have you discovered any hidden gems (or dino tracks) in your city lately?