The Connection Runners

Back From Blogcation

So I took an impromptu mini vacation from blogging over the last few days. Between the holiday weekend (lots of eating and boating and sunshine) and having the hubs home from work this week, I just didn't carve out the time to get on and write a very awesome lame post.

But I'm back today! And now I'm going to talk about yesterday!

I started out Wednesday by going for a run in Hines with Megan. She had just done a 6-miler the previous day, and I hadn't run over the 4th of July weekend, so we decided to do a slow 3 miles.

Despite the impression of cool weather that the clouds were giving off, it was HOT. I sweat probably as much as I did on any long run. We weren't too sweaty to not take a photo, though:

We ended up running our 3 in about 31 minutes. On the slow side, yes, but we just get caught up in chatting and the minutes fly by.

Afterwards, Kevin and I got all kinds of Domestic by doing a bunch of house and lawn work. He mowed, I cleaned the bathroom. He watered the lawn, I polished the kitchen countertops. Real fun stuff.

I also picked up the fourth book in the Harry Potter series. Felt like a major creep when doing so because I had to go into the children's section of the library to get it. The smaller bookstacks make me feel extra creepy, too, but the series is that good - I'll go creepster for it.

Then it was time for Megan Sighting #2! She and her boyfriend, Ryan, came over for a BBQ later last night. We feasted on grilled chicken, corn on the cob, pasta salad, and cupcakes.

We also made the boys pose for a series of photos (which they say they don't like, but we are pretty sure that they secretly enjoy).

We totally ate on our patio table in our driveway. Really classy. One day we'll be real grown-ups with a patio or a deck or something.

Ryan and Kevin work together, but it is Ryan and me who share a love for Plain Jane Foods (meat and bread only, please!) Megan and Ryan also have a dog named Gizmo. Who doesn't love that name?

We wanted one nice non-sweaty, non-self pic of us with our hair down and nice clothes on.

And then we made Ryan and Kevin play soccer in the yard, as they play on a work-league team together. Again, they "hated" it, a.k.a., they loved posing.

This was the only pose we could get them to do; for some reason, they did NOT want to take the senior-picture style back-to-back with a soccer ball picture. Hmm?

After dinner and the photo shoot, we feasted on Megan's homemade Oreo cupcakes.

Seriously, look at that frosting! So delicious.

Two-a-days must have been the name of the game today because after dessert #1, we headed to the nearest 7-11 to fulfill a Slurpee craving for Megan and me.

If there's one pregnancy craving I'm having lately, it's cold frozen drinks like Slurpees.

All in all, such a fun night. And all because Megan and I met through our blogs and Daily Mile! It's a good thing neither of us really turned out to be a creepy stalker (well, I am, but only in the children's section of a library while picking up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.)

This weekend we'll be heading out once more for a canoe trip in northern Michigan. I'm going to attempt to go for a run there and take some photos of the area.

Happy Belated 4th to everyone!
What did you do over the holiday weekend?
What's your favorite dish to chomp on at a BBQ?