The Connection Runners

Memorial Weekend Friday Favorites

Whew. Made it to what is supposed to be a somewhat decent (weather-wise) 3-day weekend.

Love it.

The hubs and I are planning on heading up to Fenton (where he's from, near the Flint area) to spend the weekend on the lake he grew up on. Boating and general sun-soaking-up are on the docket for now.

Here's what got me through this week:

Follow These Folks.

  • Blogger Responsibility: Where do we draw the line? (From Carrots 'N' Cake). Tina wrote an excellent post recapping her panel discussion from the Fitbloggin' conference. The post and the Fitbloggin' session were all about how much responsibility health and fitness bloggers need to have when giving advice and sharing stories on their blogs. Tina raises some excellent points, and the 129 comments on the post are interesting, too.

  • Just For Fun Goals (From BeckOnTheRun). Lots of runners have goals. Set a new PR, conquer a new distance, run a faster pace. Becky wrote this week about setting some of those typical running goals aside for a moment to concentrate on what a goal is really all about: giving yourself the chance to succeed and have fun in life in non-running elements. Genius. Reminded me to take some time out for the rest of me - the non-running me.

Fun From On the Road Again. It's been a slow few weeks around here, mostly because I've been all kinds of lamecakes, but I still had a pretty darn good week.

  • Zoo-de-Mack Cycling Tour Recap. I didn't actually ride in the tour this year, but I had a blast spectating. Plus, the follow-up trip to Mackinac Island was amazing.

Fabulous Finds.

  • The new Lady Gaga album, Born This Way. The Gags has a way of making me feel awesome. I could be post-race sweaty, choking down a bottle of sticky Gatorade with chafey inner thighness, and she'd love me anyway.

  • My couch. That's right. I "found" my couch this week. I've been so darn tired that it's become my new best friend. We hang out after school together, eat snacks, and watch Oprah.
  • These shoes from Piperlime. Espadrilles are all the rage these spring days, and methinks I need a pair to stay hip.

Megan Wants To Know... How was your week? Got any Memorial Weekend plans?