The Connection Runners

Tomorrow is Race Day:Bring on the Hills

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you probably know I've been waffling about my race goals.

Do I RACE or do I RUN ZOOMA?

On the one hand... its a RACE. And some might argue that its silly not to RACE a RACE.

On the other hand... I haven't trained to RACE this RACE.

I signed up for ZOOMA for a few reasons:

1. I applied for (and got accepted) as an Austin Ambassador. I wanted the position so that I would have a platform to share my love of running with other women.

2. I needed to ease back into running after an IT Band injury that knocked me on my butt for 8 weeks.

3. I wanted to meet other runners in the area.

I've attained all three of those goals. And beyond those, I've found a true sense of peace and joy in social running.

So, as I'm sitting here, the day before the race, I'm wondering at the wisdom of really going out there and laying it all on the line. I will be crossing the START line un-injured. Thats a HUGE accomplishment for me.

While I may secretly have fleeting dreams of finding Super Man speed tomorrow,I'm choosing instead to play it smart. I will run tomorrows race. I won't slack, I'll push it more than in training, but I won't risk injuring myself. I will pick a race in the future to "race".

Or maybe, I'll just listen to my legs. They may just want to Go!Go!Go!

And I'm determined to meet one final goal:

4. Cross the finish line with a smile on my face and enjoy some post race pampering with friends.

I am SO SUPER excited for tomorrow race:

BRING ON THE HILLS.