The Connection Runners

Recovery Thoughts

I'm glad that I have a ton of work that I should be doing, because recovery is awful. This week has been fairly brutal for me. Even though my legs are feeling better, there is no pep. They just don't want to move. On Thursday, my joints felt 100% so I rode my bike for 30 minutes in the garage. I figured it'd be good to warm them up and stretch them out. They felt great.

On Friday, I thought I could go for a run around the 'hood. Nope. Nothing. I got two blocks and decided that I needed more time. I headed to the gym and went on the elliptical for for 30 minutes. I tried the treadmill, but it wasn't working out for me. I did lots of stretching and a bit of weight lifting (ya, I'm getting huuuge).

The weather today: sunny, with a few clouds, and 79 degrees. The only thing I want to do is go out and run on the trails, but I'm sitting in the kitchen, working on a paper. The paper is due tomorrow, so I guess it's fine.

I did, however, get out for a 1 1/2 hour MTB ride on the SoBo trails. It just doesn't compare.

Oh well, back to the paper, I guess.