The Connection Runners

Olive Food

After an awesome 9 mile run, last night was date night.
Our decision of where to go was simple---we had a Groupon for Olive or Twist in downtown Pittsburgh. Done.
We headed to the dimly (romantic?) lit Olive or Twist and were surprised by a live local band. The band played a myriad of requests, from 90s Pearl Jam to a cover of Lady Gaga's Poker Face. Needless to say I loved them. The only obnoxious part was the bachelorette party that was raucous as ever. I'm not one to judge, however, I had a pseudo-bachelorette party myself last year...

We found a table in the back corner and got to work on the enticing menu.

We started with the black bean quesadillas w/ a side of guac, fresh salsa, and sour cream

It was delicious! I still had a leftover cheese craving, though, so I gluttonized a bit

(I'm pretty sure that's hubby's finger in the corner)

I got the tomato basil soup and grilled cheese on sourdough.

With a side of this cheese ;-)

I loved the soup, but the grilled cheese wasn't crispy the way I like it. I ate the crust like a little kid and passed it on to the garbage disposal I married.
We then went home and I watched Hairspray (shout out to my hometown Baltimore!) while cheese-ster fell asleep on the couch. I'll spare you the pictures :-P.

Today we woke and watched some quality movies on the couch, then went on a little shopping trip. I needed some work pants that fit and a new watch (I lost my favorite)

19.99 at Target. That's how I roll. And that's not hubby's hairy chimp arm--I am Colombian...
I had a good workout at the gym, made a delicious salad in lieu of Whole Foods Salad Bar

And am now watching the season finale of KK Take NY. Guilty pleasure.

In case you're hiding under a rock... Check out my Chocomize Giveaway! I'll close the contest at the end of the week. Tell your friends!