The Connection Runners

Stopping the Snooze-fest

Well, it's Monday, and I've got a whopping case of writer's block.

Sometimes I find that in med school I literally have nothing to talk about. My life is just about the same every day- wake up early, go to "work," come home, go to the gym/run, study, watch tv and/or stalk blogs if I have time, bed.
As interesting as medicine can be, it's kind of unfortunate that I can't share more stories from my day. I see a lot of cool, inspiring, and crazy things in the clinics and hospitals, but I'm not going to play with fire trying to omit identifying details for privacy reasons.

I always enjoy reading about other bloggers' lives- a lot of you seem to have really fun and interesting stuff going on. I feel like my day to day may seem like a big void, but I'm not purposely holding back information-it's just not mine to share.
So if I've got you yawning on here sometimes- I'm sorry.

What I can share is that I am spending my time learning something new almost everyday, seeing complicated patients of every age, race, and persuasion, and I'm learning how to be (or seem) confident in a world where everyone is 100x smarter than me. Medicine is an incredibly daunting career and I can only hope to do it justice when I become an MD (in a year--eek!).

I love sharing recipes and pictures- these are the things I love about other blogs. But I think the crickets in the comments section and decreased readership prove otherwise.

So tell me, what would you like to see more of (or even new things) on this site?

And, on a completely relevant note--
Happy Birthday to the buffest 50 year old out there...

(And best Dad). Love you!