The Connection Runners

Point-Two Song of the Week: Florence + The Machine

Sometimes, music is the only saving grace during a run. When my quads feel like leaded bricks and my heart is thumping too fast for its own good and my brain keeps telling me that I suck at running, a jewel of a song will filter in through my teeny white earbuds and save me, if only for a few moments.

"Kiss With a Fist" by Florence + The Machine can do just that. It's short - just a pinch over two minutes - but it packs a potent punch, pun intended. (I heart puns! They are so underrated in the world of Funny Stuff.) Plus, there's something in lead singer Florence Welch's chops that screams Joan Jett to me, all 80's poppy punk rock and full of angst here.

The video isn't exactly an artistic masterpiece, though, but that's ok. The riffy guitars and peppy drums more than make up for it.