The Connection Runners

Wordy Wednesday: Holden Caulfield

I've seen many blogs that offer readers a "Wordless Wednesday" - one post a week that boasts a gorgeous photograph or image.

Since I have little talent in the photography department and prefer words most of the time anyway, I thought I'd roll out yet another new feature to OTRA: Wordy Wednesdays.

Each week's post will feature a quote about running or something otherwise related to it. For this first-ever Wordy Wednesday, the honor will go to, ironically, one of the most apathetic literary characters of all time: Holden Caulfield.

Sidebar: If you don't know Holden, then you need to stop reading this post right now (but please come back soon!) and read Catcher in the Rye in which Mr. Caulfield's the protagonist. It's superb... superb!

Wordy Wednesday's quote of the day:

"I don't even know what I was running for - I guess I just felt like it." - Holden Caulfield