The Connection Runners

Five Things Friday

1.Huh?? Anyone notice anything ummm... strange about this picture?

2.Coming Home: Charles has been gone for 20 days. Don't worry, he didn't get tired of being my shirataki noodle tester (blech), he has been in Wisconsin. The Army sent him to Ft. McCoy for some training. While I've been enjoying 80 degree weather, he keeps sending me pics like this:

We are very excited that he is coming home today. Poor Dash just doesn't understand why his Daddy has been gone, and calls him each day begging him to come home.

3. Leaving: On Monday night we will load up and head to Virginia. It is a 24 hour trip which we plan on driving straight.I'm sure it will be LOADS of fun. (can anyone HEAR that sarcasm?) :) Charles and I will switch off driving, there will be lots of caffiene, movies for the kiddo and crunchy snacks involved. In case you're wondering... carrots,apples,pickles and almonds make great guilt-free road trip snacks. My mother in law is in the hospital in Winchester (?) and we will be staying in Edinburg. If you live in that area-shoot me an email and we'll do lunch.

4. 10 Miler: Tomorrow morning we have our weekly ZOOMA training group run. I've really come to love these runs. We have a great group of ladies who are really excited about running. After our runs, we get together for coffee or shopping. Its been a lot of fun. Tomorrow I have 10 miles planned. This is my longest run in... well... it seems like forever. I've been slowly adding miles, babying my IT band. So far, so good! Find out more about ZOOMA,our training, my Ambassadorship and discounts HERE.

5. Pace: I consider myself a "slow" runner. Short runs are usually 9:30ish pace and long runs are 10min/miles. Imagine my surprise last week when I busted out a few runs in the 8:15-8:30s/min miles. Without "trying".Color me shocked.