The Connection Runners

Wipeout

My morning started like this:

Followed by

And then

No, I'm not practicing yoga.
Yes, folks. I fell not once, not twice, but three times on the ice walking to work. In a row.

I swear this is the closest I've gotten to auditioning for America's Funniest Home Videos. I seriously could use to $100,000...
The damage- (other than my pride)

Scraped ankle, sore shoulder, scraped hand, sore hip, and sore ankle. (But really the worst was my pride. Lol).

Today I thought I'd stop procrastinating and accept the Stylish Blogger Award..x2.
Katy and and ChefKatelyn have both "tagged" me so let me kill two birds with one stone ;-)
Rules:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!

1. Seven Things About Myself:
1. I used to be a gymnast. It's funny because I flipped on the floor exercise and over the vault, and now I'm petrified of falling!
2. I worked with special needs kids for 10+ years, including things with Downs Syndrome, MR, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, etc. This is my favorite thing in the world and I hope to incorporate it into my future career as a physician.
3. I used to be a student athletic trainer in college. I got to travel with and help take care of cute boys serious athletes.

Me at a soccer game. Go Hop!

4. I look girly (most of the time), like girly things (hello shopping!), but grew up a pretty big tomboy. I wore my nike track pants and Samba shoes to school (on the days I didn't wear my soccer uniform), and didn't really wear a skirt until I was a senior in high school. I still feel like a tomboy at heart, just a better dressed one ;-)

Me at prom 2004

5. I used to HATE running. I ran track in high school, but only in the soccer off-season. Sometimes me and the other long-distance girls would run to the dollar store during our "long runs" to buy swedish fish, then run back.
6. I started lifting when I was 15. To my chagrin, surely- but thanks Dad- it was the best thing you ever introduced me to! (p.s. my goal is to be jacked- the lean muscle kind. The end.)

7. My secret (and now not so secret) long term goal is to open a health food restaurant.

Now, at this point I'm supposed to tag 15 newly discovered bloggers and let them know they've won. I'll be honest, I don't always play by the rules. And I barely read 15 blogs as is lol. So I'm going to bend the rules and tag some ladies:

Melissa @ The Healthy Cupcake
Stacey @ Bohemian Redhead
Savannah @ See Savannah Marathon
Mary Allison @ Southern Sober Girl Runs

You're it ;-)

Workout today: 7 miles in ~54 mins. $$ run. My new baseline has bumped up to 7.5 mph which I'm so excited about, all this interval work has really made me feel faster!

Today's happy thing: The awesome run. Duh ;-)

See ya later!