The Connection Runners

Turbo Charged

Before college, I rarely ever drank caffeine.

Alas, a friend introduced me to the White Chocolate Mocha during chem 101, and subsequently the Americano in Organic Chemistry...

And caffeine and I have had a tangled love affair ever since.

The past few weeks years I've attempted to wean myself off the hard stuff, to little success.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered by the "harmful" effects of caffeine, as with all things, I consume it in moderation.

My recent kick?

Black Tea

and my Kryptonite:

Hubby bought me a case of this stuff over the weekend. He either loves me very much or wants me to develop a cardiac arrhythmia and expire. (I'm going to go with the former). This is the first soda I've really become addicted to gotten into in the past 10 years.

My old kick?

I haven't stepped foot in a Dunkin Donuts in years, but HOLY CRAP this stuff is strong. Too turbo even for me!

Today was a moderately caffeinated day, I had a cup of black tea in the AM and a Pepsi max @ lunch.

I know by 7:30 when I hit the gym I was feeling pretty charged up- did a 5 mile run w/ 2 minute jogs at 7.0 mph w/ 1 minute sprint intervals; total ~39:30. Followed by 25 mins of abs/arms circuits.

Do you caffeinate? What's your beverage of choice?