The Connection Runners

That's My Kind of BRGR

Last night was the perfect night for a burger.

In true flexitalliean style, you know it wasn't your average burger.

Folks, it was a BRGR.

But lets back it up a few hours and I'll tell you about my night at BRGR Bar.

I've been to BRGR Bar before, when it was Red Room Lounge- so I was familiar with the setup. However, the place was transformed into a laid back, dimly light lounge to a laid back, dimly lit burger+ fries shop, complete with milkshakes. Grown up milkshakes.

I started with the "Adult Root"- root liquer + local seltzer + vanilla bean ice cream. DELISH.

We hung out at the bar for awhile- seating was a hot ticket for a group of 8..

We chomped on some awesome herbed fries while we were waiting

After 1+ hours, we were finally seated. This better be worth it.

My meal?

The Tree Hugger. lentil+falafel burger, hot+sour cucumbers, tomato, red onion, goat's milk yogurt.

Absolutely superb. Surprisingly worth the wait!
Everyone else chowed down on the other brgrs- I think we covered the span of the menu w/ 8 ppl/.

Everyone loved their brgrs- The only complaint I heard was that the buns were too fluffy and got in the way.

But you can't really go wrong with burgers, fries, and alcy-holic milkshakes.

Just sayin.

Afterwards we played darts at another local haunt, and hubby and I compared our muscles

You decide whos biceps are bigger... .

Today I attempted productivity and did some laundry, did ~50 mins on the elliptical while reading Glamour (my legs were killing me from circuits!), cleaned, and crafted.

Inspired by my lentil falafel burger, and lacking in essentially ~90% of the necessary ingredients to recreate- I compromised...

Easy Falafel Minis
Chickpea flour, lemon juice and spices, that's all you need for these delicious
mini patties. Recipe courtesy of Bob's Red Mill.
Makes 6 mini patties (or 2-3 large).


Ingredients:
1 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
1/4 tsp Coriander, ground
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Onion powder
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Hot Water
2 Tb Canola Oil (for frying)

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients except lemon juice, water, and oil in a large bowl.
2. Add lemon juice and hot water, mix thoroughly.
3. Allow mixture to sit for ~10 mins.
4. Mold into mini patties (or larger).

5. "Fry" in canola oil in a frying pan set on medium-high heat. Allow each patty to brown on each side, flipping 2x.

Hubby's fork trying to get the patties before I could get a photo!

That's better

Verdict? These were delicious, and incredibly easy to make. With the bonus of super proteinaceous chickpea flour! Hubby and I have already started brainstorming variations for dinner this week (goat cheese stuffed falafel anyone?)

Hubby suggested Whole Foods Salad Bar for dinner tonight- how could I say no?

I crumbled those patties right onto this delicious mess of a salad.

Well I'm back to ogling red carpet dresses watching the SAG Awards. Hope you had a great weekend!