The Connection Runners

Thursday's 13

SO I managed to get in a near-half marathon distance run in yesterday morning, turning out 13.06 miles in 1:58. I averaged 9:01 minutes/mile, not fast but steady and fairy consistent in my mile splits. My runs following TKD can often be tough on my legs, and yesterday was no exception.

I am sticking to my training regimen - I do at least one 13 mile run per week, either Wed or Thurs - the only exception being when I am either tapering down for a marathon or recovering the week immediately after one. I feel very comfortable with the 13 mile distance, after I run it I always feel like I pushed myself and my body, even if the time isn't blistering. I also like the feeling that I can bolt out the door at a moments notice, on any given day, and crank out a half.