The Connection Runners

You Know You Make Me Wanna SHOUT!

I had such a great time at the wedding this weekend! We got to beautiful Alexandria Virginia on Friday night for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The weather was beautiful, albeit a little windy, and there was excitement in the air!

The rehearsal dinner was held at Union St. Public House in Old Town, Alexandria, VA. Super cozy, and the food was great! I ordered the U.S. Veggie Burger with a side of sweet potato fries.

I wore a short sleeved pink/black/grey leopard print silk dress. Simple and comfy!

Festivities continued at the hotel bar. We had a great time!

Wedding morning I made it up and out for a 2.5 mile run around Alexandria with the purpose of finding a restaurant for lunch. Success! We went to
Bittersweet Catering Cafe

Where I got a smattering of fresh fruits and veggies from the salad bar. Also got a tiny red velvet cupcake (not pictured) that was just ok.
Pretty soon it was time to get ready! I love gussying up for events, and since hubby was the best man in the wedding and had pre-ceremony duties, I had the bathroom to myself ;-)

We got to the reception around 4:00 pm. It was at a marina in town, and luckily the sky was a beautiful blue, and the water calm and serene.

After the gorgeous ceremony, it was time to head inside for the reception!

Me and my hubby's mom! We quickly hit the hors duerves and open bar, then sat down for the first course.

Autumn salad w/ cranberries and feta. Delish!

I also hit up the candy "bar" for some hershey kisses, M&Ms, turtles, and chocolate covered oreos.

I ordered the vegetarian option, which was potato gnocchi with grated parmesan cheese and arugula pesto. It was creamy and decadent- I had about 1/3 of the plate. There was also cream of crab soup which I passed on to my hubby.

Me and the groom

Me and the bride

The first dance. The bride's sister sang "At Last" and let's just say my eyes were not dry!

The cake! Vanilla cake w/grand marnier cream. I was too busy dancing to give it much of a taste!

We danced all night (the DJ was awesome!) and had a fabulous time. Thanks Mike and Megan for allowing us to celebrate your wedding weekend:-)

I have a new granola recipe to share with you tomorrow- sit tight :-P

-Allie