The Connection Runners

When I Grow Up

I just finished a 2 month course today- and let's just say it feels like the slate has been wiped clean! I start inpatient pediatrics next month and am incredibly excited to see if this is really what I want to do with the rest of my life. I go back and forth with the idea that I won't know what I want to be "when I grow up" for another year or so- and it's kind of crazy. And exciting. And nerve wracking! Knowing what you want to be when you grow up implies actually growing up! I think a lot of the changes over the past few years have started to imply I'm heading in that direction...

1. I got married.

But who's to say that means we're grown ups? I guarantee if you swung by our house on any given night you'd find us giggling in our pajamas on the couch.

2. I became a first year medical student. Then a second year. Then a big third year with clinical responsibilities!

3. I started paying my own bills. Kicking and screaming, but I do it.

4. I started cooking. (case en pointe this blog :-).

5. I took control of my health. I run, I eat well, I try to balance work with play.

Growing up is a long process, and I'm not sure when I'll get there. When I have kids? When I graduate and become a doctor? Does it matter?

I like where I've been and am so excited for the future. One course down, many more learning experiences to go.

Off to the weekend activities!

Have a good one,
Allie