The Connection Runners

Protein Packed Tofu Scramble, Pilates, and ZUMBA!

Last night for dinner I was craving breakfast food. A tofu scramble definitely fit the bill! So I whipped up a delicious...

Protein Packed Tofu Scramble (adapted from Mama Pea's Tofu Scramble)
Feel free to add whatever beans, spices, veggies, and meat you want to this dish. This was what I had on hand:

Ingredients:
1 block firm/extra firm tofu,drained and pressed dry, then crumbled
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
2 TBSP Bragg's AA's, or soy sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
2 TBSP nutritional yeast
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 cup veggie sausage/ground
1/2 cup spinach (I used frozen chopped)
toppings: ketchup, grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Drain and press tofu dry
2. Mix turmeric, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast in a small bowl. Pour over tofu, mix and let marinate for 10-15 mins.
3. Toss tofu (*Crumbled), beans, spinach, and crumbled veggie sausage in a non-stick (or greased) skillet set on medium.
4. Mix ingredients in the skillet for 5-10 mins until warm/hot.
5. Dig in! Enjoy your breakfast for dinner :-P

In the exercise realm, this month I made a resolution with a friend to try new exercise styles. Today I was soo excited to re-introduce two long lost exercises to my life:
1. Pilates- my favorite class freshman/soph year of college
and
2. ZUMBA! I wish I was kidding when I say I own Zumba on VHS (that's videotape;-)) and used to do it with my dad while laughing hysterically. It was incredibly cheesy back in the day and it tickles me that it's come back as this huge exercise revolution.

Pilates was exactly how I remembered it- relaxing, and so good for flexibility and core strength. I'll definitely be attending this class on a regular basis now that I've tried it again!

ZUMBA was entirely different than it's founding version-- it was super high intensity, fast paced dancing to awesome music- including salsa, hip hop, and bollywood style dances. It's definitely in the top 5 exercise classes I've ever taken.

How about you? Have you been to an exercise class lately? Ever? I'd highly recommend to try it once (I know a lot of places have cheap classes for new members)- it's such a nice way to shake up your boring old routine, or start exercising if you haven't before.

Get out there and shake it (up)!

-Allie