The Connection Runners

TGI the Weekend and I Had a Can of Pumpkin...

What is it about a 10 degree drop in temperature that has me craving all things pumpkin? Granted I add a little pumpkin spice (and love!) to many baked goods year-round

But this time of year I find I add a little pumpkin to everything I eat. It's like the chocolate of fall!

Case in point:
I found this can of pumpkin at the local co-op and nearly squealed with delight (yea I'm a complete nerd like that)--it was the last one!

Since then I have been rationing out its contents into yummy baked goods. My apartment pretty much permanently smells of fall (which is fine by me!). Some examples:

Millet Pumpkin Choc Chip Muffins.
Recipe based on Mama Pea's Banana Choc Chip Millet Muffins However I subbed 1/3 cup of pumpkin and used only 1/2 a banana (all I had left) for the 2 bananas. Delish!

Pumpkin Bites.
Recipe based on Oh She Glows Pumpkin Glo Bites I topped with choc chips and a banana slice (this is key- pumpkin and banana taste amazing together!). These little gems were gone in 24 hours flat!

Also made OSG Pumpkin Apple Muffins minus the streusel topping. I believe I added raisins and walnuts for good measure. These were gone so quick I didn't have time to snap a pic! I may or may not have shared these w/wine at girl's night ;-). And I almost forgot Fat Free Vegan's Pumpkin Raisin Biscuits.

Pumpkin Butter is another huge fave of the season. I found this guy at the local co-op as well for around $3. It's sooo good!
I add it to greek yogurt for flavor, toast, fruit, smoothies,
AND...

Pumpkin Fig Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Pizza! Recipe based on OSG Peanut-butter Jam banana breakfast pizza. The second time around (I made the jam and PB version first!) I mixed my own topping, using maple syrup, pumpkin butter, pumpkin pie spice, and fig preserves

Found at Marshalls!
I obviously topped with banana and chocolate as these are my two other favorite foods.
And what would a pumpkin post be without...

Pumpkin Beer!
Hubby and I held a little taste test last night (I swear I didn't drink all of these beers alone! Little tastes of each). My ABSOLUTE WINNER of the night was:

Southern Tier Pumking! It definitely lived up to the name. So sweet and pumpkinny(sp? lol).
Lucky I ran my 5 miles before the beer tasting (which included the pumpkin gems-i mean, bites).

Off to run some more, as I plan to enjoy some of the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins shortly!

Happy Fall,
Allie