The Connection Runners

Snack time

When I returned home yesterday I had a lovely package waiting from the kind people at Newman's Own Organic. This company prides itself on "Great tasting products that happen to be organic".

I had the opportunity to try their Thin Stick Pretzels this afternoon.

While veggies or fruit will always be better for you than pretzels, I have to say that these were a great snack alternative. The picture above shows the serving size of 22 sticks which is 110 calories. Moderation is key. Stick to the suggested serving size, add a piece of fruit and you have a great tasting, filling snack.

I have been looking over the packaging of all the products and so far the main thing that stands out to me involves the ingredient list. I love the fact that they are all organic, natural and recognizable ingredients. As I have been making lifestyle changes over the past year one, I have realized the importance of decreasing the amount of chemicals I ingest. It's nice to find a line of "packaged" food that meets my need for convenience as well as addresses my health concerns.

Have you tried any of their products? What are your "go to" snacks?