The Connection Runners

Don't you wish every day was Monday?

I do, or at least I used to.

Yes, I'm completely aware at this point you're calling bull sh*t, but hear me out.

I love Mondays, there is just something about a new week that puts a smile on my face. Monday MORNINGS are even better (I hear you groaning). Its a new day, a new week, a fresh start.

I think Mondays hold such promise that I can't help but love them. I wake up knowing I have a fresh start, a clean slate, the possibilities are endless.

But today is Tuesday. I woke up this morning, not quite as happy as I did yesterday because well... its not Monday. What is Tuesday? Its not the oh so exciting beginning to a week nor is it the 'thank goodness this week is over' end to a week.

But as I lay in bed, searching my head for a redeeming quality of Tuesdays I realized something. No, I didn't suddenly discover a reason why Tuesday is better than Monday, but the opposite. I realized that MONDAY is no better than TUESDAY.

You see, WE create our new opportunities. WE wipe clean our slates for a fresh start. WE make things happen, not a day that just happens to have ended up at the start of a week.

There's nothing so magical about a Monday that I can't recreate in a Tuesday, or any day for that mater.

From now on, I'm striving to remember the most amazing thing about Mondays is ME. I hold the power of possibility.

And so do you.

____________________________________________________________

Speaking of holding the power (terrible segue), I am BLESSED to be included in the SHAPE Magazines 2011 Blogger Awards . My blog made the list with a group of amazing ladies, one's I look up to, I'm thrilled to be in their company. I'm pretty much the little blog on the block in that lineup, but I've been blessed with loyal followers. I'd love it if YOU used your power to vote for me. Nothing to sign up for, just a simple click next to my blog name. Vote daily HERE.