The Connection Runners

Aannddd I'm Back!

Hope this post finds everyone settling in to fall! I finished my serious pediatrics rotation on Friday and I don't think I've ever felt as happy and accomplished. I found myself working loonnnggg hours but also found myself waking up without pushing the snooze button, skipping morning coffee here and there, and feeling pumped up every day to head to work and take on the day. These things are all positive, exciting signs that peds is where I need to be. All smiles:). This weekend I finally had a chance to catch up with my long lost friends... starting with---
Girl's Night!! I'm sure I could figure out when the last one was by flipping through my old posts but it certainly feels like a lifetime.

The ladies and I went to a New/Old Restaurant in town, Legume. I say new because it just opened, and old because it switched locations and had been open elsewhere before. Either way, this was the first time we'd all been.

I started with a mesclun salad with vine ripened tomatoes and strawberries with mandarin dressing. It was perfect and fresh.

My entry was ricotta ravioli, which was also very tasty. Overall the food and service were great, but I'd say the portions were too small for the price. I ended up eating a ton of italian bread to fill the gap in my stomach--my appetite is finally back with a vengeance!

It was so awesome to catch up with my friends and re-establish friendships which have seemed to fall by the wayside as we all apply to residency and take on tough rotations. Speaking of, I've gotten several more interview offers and am so excited to explore different cities in the next few months!
Saturday a bunch of us went to tailgate the Pitt vs. Notre Dame game at Heinz Field. I haven't tailgated in what seems like forever so it was a welcome change.

Yeah I had no idea he was there...
After the game we frolicked around the city- the weather was beyond perfect.

Then last night we went out for my friend's 25th birthday.

Happy birthday Ruchita! ;).

I also realized today that I completely missed my blog-iversary on Sept 16. Double woops.
Happy 1 year blog-iversary to the Nutty FlexitALLIEan!

Awesome berry rhubarb loaf recipe tomorrow :).

What'd you do this weekend?