The Connection Runners

LBA Gender Predictions

First up - yesterday's run.

Megan and I braved the heat and the crazy wind for a run in the park. Temps were hovering around 90, and the humidity was out on the prowl, so we opted to just do a quick 2 miles, and finished in 20:40.

Plus, Megan's taking off today for the Hood to Coast Relay in Seattle! Head over to her blog or send her a sweet Tweet to wish her luck! Typical of our runs, we had to have a short photo sesh. I brought the big dog dSLR to take some photos.

This crazy catz towel is from, like, 1991. Kevin refuses to give it away (it's his), so I snagged it to mop up my post-run sweat. (Yep, it was THAT hot out. I need a towel after just two miles.) Those catz are seriously jamming in their pink Cadillac.

Megan wants to make sure that you'll all heed the "No Feeding the Ducks & Geese" sign while she's away in Seattle. That, and there wasn't much else to pose with yesterday, save for the crazy catz towel.

We might need to find a new route and new scenery soon.

And one more self-pic. Hooray for running buddies!

****

Today is a BIG day. Like Jessie Spano, "I'm so excited" BIG.

I'm excited, but I'm not scared.

Not scared because today we get to *drum roll* find out if LBA's a he or a she!

How flipping awesome. We've been waiting for this day for months; I've been stalking the Interwebz for clues as to what sex LBA will be using the "always 100% correct" Old Wives Tales to predict gender.

A few gems I found, and what they say about LBA:

  • The Chinese Gender Chart: BOY
  • Ring Prediction Test: BOY
  • Heart Beat Predictor: GIRL
  • Cravings Predictions (sweets for girl, salt/savory for boy): ????
During the first trimester, I craved lots of salt. Sweet foods gave me the heebie-jeebies; I wanted nothing to do with peanut butter, milkshakes, ice cream. Now, that's kind of balanced out. I crave both salt and sugar equally. However, that could be because I'm hungry 25 hours a day. Yes, I understand there are only 24 hours in a day.

That's pregnancy logic for you.

Stay tuned for the big reveal, coming... soon!

While you hang on the edge of your virtual seat, I leave you with this recent ultrasound picture and two very-important polls:

Poll Question #1
Is LBA a... .

A) Boy
B) Girl

Poll Question #2
In the above u/s photo, LBA is... .

A) Sucking his/her thumb
B) Eating an amniotic-fluid Whopper
C) Practicing how to put down an entire bottle of champagne like its momma did last Festivus