The Connection Runners

Run-spiration

To tell you the truth, ever since I ran the Pittsburgh Half Marathon (check out the recap here) it's been hard to get myself geared up for long runs.

The fact that I was on surgery through May and June and was only able to run 3 miles here and there probably also contributed, along with the raging heat wave we've got going on here in Pittsburgh. Nonetheless, I wanted to find a way to get back into the running groove to meet my goal of 1000 miles in 2011. Starting with...

New kicks! If you've been reading for awhile you'll remember the last time I got new sneaks was in January, and although the Asics GT 2150s served me well over the past 6 months, I was long overdue for a new pair (hello 500+ miles!).

I stumbled upon the Saucony Ignition 2s (left in the pic above) at DSW Shoe Wearhouse for $49.95, tried them on, and really loved how lightweight and comfortable they were. Compared to my Asics, they were much more affordable too! After I'd made my decision, I hit up the clearance racks in the back of the store with low expectations, and was psyched to find a pair of Asics discounted to $35.00!! They're Gel Endur06's and I think they'll be great for longer runs. That makes 2 pairs of running shoes for le$$ than the ones I paid for in January. Perfect :).

I tweeted about my 6 mile run with my new kicks last night (about an hour before sundown, the only time the temps dipped below 90F!)

Nutty FlexitALLIEan

@FlexitALLIEan My runspiration for the day-- new kicks :)

And speaking of twitter, don't forget to follow me @FlexitALLIEan, as I definitely have more time to tweet than blog :).

My first run in the Ignition 2s went really well, no blisters, pains, or issues to report!

Although new shoes is definitely a big motivation to get me out the door and pounding the pavement, I decided to go one step further and signed up for the...

Baltimore is my home town and I've never actually ran a race there! I'm super excited to experience the half and see my fam to boot :). I'm also debating the Pittsburgh Great Race (my favorite 10K) in September but I'll have to see about my schedule that month.

How often do you change your running sneakers?

When and where is your next race?

What do you do when your runspiration is running low?

Anyone else out there running Baltimore?