The Connection Runners

Simple Pleasures: OR Edition

It's the little things that make your day when you're on a tough rotation. Things I'm loving this week:

1. Fiberful fruit leather: 60 calories, 6 g fiber, filling, and a quick bite between cases. I get it at Trader Joes.

2. My scrub cap: Gets the hair out of my face, has a separate pouch for my ponytail, doesn't give me matted, messy hair at the end of the day (again, small things). (Cap from www.kimcaps.com)

3. Saltines + peanut butter: a staple in the hospital, available on the floors and in perioperative areas. Key between surgeries. Peanut butter gives it staying power!

4. Powerade Zero Fruit Punch

I think I've "loved" Powerade Zero in a past post (the Mixed Berry)-- but the fruit punch flavor is deeelish! I've been focusing on hydration to keep my energy up and this helps.

5. Straight up buttered toast:

Trader Joes quinoa bread w/ Earth Balance is perfect early in the morning when my body's not ready for a real breakfast. Holds me over until "second breakfast" a little later in the morning.

What are you loving this week?