The Connection Runners

Three Things Thursday: Rainy Day Edition

Hey there, Weather, can you chill out for a bit?

It's seriously been raining here in the Mitten almost non-stop for days. I think I saw the sun briefly on Monday, but other than that, it's been downright wet and soggy.

Tonight's local news was filled with stories of people whose basements, yards, and roads had flooded with backed up water and... . raw sewage. Oh, my. Hoping we all get some relief soon!

Since the rain put a damper on my plans (pun intended! yay for puns!) to meet up with Megan for a running date today, I had to come up with some other things to do to entertain myself for the evening.

Here's what's on the docket for tonight's rainy night in:

1. Nomming on a yummy grilled cheese and some baked chips. Who can say no to a warm, gooey, cheesy sandwich on a cold, rainy evening? Not this girl.

I use the Bentobloggy method of making a grilled cheese, and it's the bomb diggity doo. Yep, I just said that. See what days and days of rain does to a lady?

2. Grade essays. Think about grading essays. Stare at pile of essays on coffee table, then ultimately ignore. I have a major productivity problem these days as the end of the school year approaches. Enter Exhibit A: stacks of ungraded work. Sigh.

3. Snuggle on the couch with a cozy fleece blanket and a Holy Trinity of Television Hosts: Pat, Alex, and Cat. We don't have cable at the Road Again household (judge all you want here), so we're limited to what's on the network tubes. Tonight's line-up features some old standbys - Jeopardy and Wheel - and the season premiere of a summer favorite, So You Think You Can Dance.

Pat and Alex are absolutely my homeboys, but they can't hold a candle to the smokin' hot Cat Deeley. Her shoes alone are drool worthy.

Extra SYTYCD Sidebar: I'm kind of a pseudo-former dancer. Back in high school, I rocked out on our school's dance team, and, later, I took some classes in jazz and lyrical at a local studio. It was fun. I miss it. Besides running, dance was the one thing I felt completely free doing, even if I was pretty bad at it. You get to push your body in was you'd never think possible.

What are three things you've done today?

How do you cope with rainy days?

Last, but not least: Go over to Megan's blog and enter her fantastic giveaway for an Allied Medal Displays race medal display. The displays are super cute, and they give you something to do with all of those sweet, hard-earned medals!