The Connection Runners

Ketching Up

Another good weekend comes to a close. Headline of the weekend: after a five day hiatus (blasphemy!) I ran. Did it feel good? Well, it did make me feel like my life was back in some semblance of order. However, I felt slow, cautious, and still a little twingey in the right hip. Motto of the weekend? Don't overdo it. (Just repeated that over and over in my head as I forced myself to stop at 5 miles on Saturday, and when I became overcome with the twinges at 4.5 on Sunday). It's a bummer that this really feels like a huge setback, but I have a month until the half and hopefully with some TLC (and strength/flexibility work) my hips will behave! There was lots of food to comfort me this weekend (calories don't count when you run, obv). Friday night we went to the new Mad Mex in town--one of our favorite Mexican restaurants w/ an awesome happy hora and vegetarian options out the wazoo!

I got the tofu tacos w/ lots o' guac. No pics cuz my camera was also on hiatus this week.

Saturday the hubs and I went to BRGR Bar again for dinner. I will never tire of the "Tree Hugger" lentil walnut burger. Never.

And finally, this am we got our tails up before noon to hit up one of the coolest (and most crowded!) brunch spots in town, Square Cafe. I love this place because it has the feel of a beloved neighborhood hang out. Probably because, well, it is. They have awesome options for vegetarians and non-veggies alike, and a slew of mouth-watering beverage choices.

Since I was in the mood for breakfast food (the lunch menu was very tempting as well), I got the pumpkin walnut pancakes (soon leaving the menu- I had to say goodbye to pumpkin as square is probably the last restaurant to have my favorite winter flavor) w/ a side of scrambled eggs for protein and a pumpkin chai latte. Scrumptious. Hubby got a hugh-jass burrito and a side of home fries for us to share. Speaking of eggs and home fries (and anything savory that's crossed my path this past few weeks)--girl cannot get enough ketchup recently.

Yeah, I know it's sugary and blah blah blah, but it's been my favorite indulgence of late and I've accepted it as the prime condiment of choice for my sweet potato fries, broccoli, morningstar sausage, eggs, steamed spinach... I could go on.

What did you do this weekend?
Slept. ate. ran. repeated.

What was your favorite meal of the weekend?
Sunday brunch at Square Cafe!

Ketchup or Mustard?
Ketchup ALL the way.