The Connection Runners

Monday Meanderings

1.Marathon training meets Mommyhood: I'm fairly pleased with our progress so far. My speed/track workouts have left a lot to be desired, but the other training days are going well. We are progressing along nicely in our long runs on Sundays. Thursdays tempo runs just keep getting better and better. So, two positives and one slight negative. I'll take it. :)

Yesterday we were slotted for a 12 miler. We have been getting up at 5am and leaving my kiddo asleep at the house. (we are visiting my parents right now) Well, he was up most of the night and WIDE AWAKE and chatting me up at 4:30am. By the time 5am rolled around he was still awake. My husband worked on getting him back to sleep while I got dressed and ate a quick breakfast. Well... he couldn't get him back to sleep and I didn't think my parent would appreciate being woken up that early so after an hour I took my shoes off and crawled back in bed.

And guess what? My son promptly fell asleep. And so did I.

But I was determined to get our run in so we headed to the gym when we woke up. 12 miles on a treadmill wouldn't be my first choice, but it was a great back up option.

We cranked our miles out and week 7 of marathon training is complete.

2.Now Reading: I bought the book,Racing Weight:How To Get Lean for Peak Performance.I'm still working my way through it, but so far it's making me think don't eat nearly enough or as often enough. I'm still working on figuring out the nutrition for running as opposed to weight loss.

3.I'm intimidated, I'll admit it: My goal this week is to get to at least one group fitness class. I envy all of you that take part in classes at your gym. I've never taken one and I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated.

What do I wear? What do I bring? What's the best spot? What if I can't keep up?

It all reminds me of the first day at school. I SO want to overcome my group fitness class fear, I will work on it this week.

4. Friends: Even though I grew up in this area I haven't lived here in years. I've been missing my friends in Florida, I guess its time to make new ones here. In the past my friends were from school or work. Since I no longer work or go to school I need to find new friend venues.

I'm hoping if I get over the group class phobia that I may meet someone there. So yeah... .I'm going to start trolling the gym for friends. Hmmm... does that make me a loser? (don't answer that)

5. Winner: The winner for the Sugoi giveaway is: Ashley,at Getting Stronger, Burning Fat. Shoot me an email: enduranceisntonlyphysical@gmail.com

What fitness phobia do you have?