The Connection Runners

Great Temps, New Threads

Finally, some relief! The weather in Michigan decided to chill out for a while. Temps, while still reaching daytime highs in the 80's, have at least leveled off to "normal" levels, which means less humidity and cooler mornings and evenings. Great news for runners! (Well, and the rest of Michigan suffering from this hot, hot summer!)

My morning easy five miler occurred under mostly cloudy skies with a 70 degree temp. Perfect morning run weather. It's amazing how much the cooler temps can help a sistah out with her pace; I felt great during every one of the five miles and finished with a 9:57 overall pace.

And so with that, I am pleading/asking/praying to the Michigan weather gods and goddesses to please leave us Michiganders with these lovely, lovely days for as long as you can.

Now, on to the fun stuff: new running digs! I love me some new clothes, but I really love me some new running clothes. Right now, one can find a plethora of deals on summer gear since most manufacturers are clearing out inventories to make room for cold weather stuff. Nike makes some of the greatest fitting running apparel known to man (or just me, at least) and, luckily, all of their clearance clothing was cheap and *bonus* an extra 20% off. The last of the order arrived yesterday bearing tops and shorts galore for me and the hubs. He got a new sleeveless shirt and a pair of shorts, and I am the proud owner of a new tank, SS shirt, and shorts.

Let me just gloat for a second about the ridiculous cheapness of all of that: For five pieces of gear, I spent only $77.06. Bob Barker's Actual Retail Value? $145! Gosh, I love sales. And new clothes. And running in new clothes purchased on sale :)

Today's Point Two: The CRIM is coming, the CRIM is coming! Flint's fashionable, world-renowned, 10-mile run is happening this Saturday, 8/28, and you should be there. Go here to register for just $35 until tomorrow. The Crim also offers an 8k, 5k, and 1 mile race so it's perfect for all ages and abilities. This is my favorite race of all-time (excellent course and even better after party), so for me, this Saturday = Christmas in August. Plus, check out the weather forecast:

Gorgeous and sunny post-race weather. (Not pictured: the actual race weather, which will be coming off of an overnight low of 61... love it, and you should too!)