The Connection Runners

Gear

I've received a few comments and emails lately asking about what gear I run with, and since I'm clearly (not) an expert I thought I'd give you an overview.

1. Shoes: I've mentioned I recently started running in custom orthotics. Having the orthotics correct my overpronation means I don't have to rely on shoes to do that, so I am now in a lovely pair of (neutral)Brooks Defyance 3.I haven't had them long enough to do a full review, but so far I'm pleased with them. I feel like these have a lot more room in the toe box than my old Mizunos did. Another thing I like about them is their Green Features: BioMoGo, the world's first-ever biodegradable midsole for running shoes and Laces made from 100% recycled materials. I'll write up a full review once I have some more miles on them.

2. Shirt: I have running shirts from probably 8 different companies and yet odds are you'll find me running in either a Nike Dri Fit shirt or a Brooks Equilibrium.I love the fit and feel of both.

3. Bra: Last week I waxed poetic about my love for the Sugoi Bridget Bra.It is hands down the best sports bra I've ever owned. (heads up: I'll be giving away one of these soon)

4. Bottoms: Right now I only run in two types of bottoms. My favorite shorts are Oiselle Running Roga Shorts.They don't ride up, have built in briefs and convenient pockets. And of course my favorite skirts are from RunningSkirts.com. I love running in skirts because I can feel girly while kicking butt. These skirts are super comfy and always stay in place. Inside out seams keep you chaff free.

5. Socks: I have a few brands that I *like*, but my all time favorite socks are Bridgedale X-Hale Speed Diva.They are light and yet cushioned in all the right places. I love these so much that I keep begging my local Fleet Feet to stock them.

6. Garmin: This ones a new addition, but so far I'm loving my 305.

OTHER: All of that is my basic gear. Depending on the distance/weather I'll add in headgear,hydration systems and so forth. When I first started running one of the things I liked best about it was that I felt like all I needed was a good pair of shoes. Now it seems like I'm always on the hunt for new gear. :)

What are YOUR must haves?

Need a hydration system? Win one HERE.