The Connection Runners

Perfect, just perfect...

I'm going to take a moment to brag about my amazing two year old. He learned to swim this week. I am so super duper proud of him! Here he is graduating swim school:

MOTHERS DAY: I am so blessed to have such an amazing, sweet little boy. And equally blessed to have a loving husband. Both of them helped make my Mothers Day so special. Yesterday was all about me, I got to do what I wanted, when I wanted. I thought about sleeping in, being served breakfast in bed and lounging around in my pajamas all day but then I realized that was just what was expected of me, not what I wanted. I know Mother's Day is usually the day moms can count on as being their day to relax, but what I wanted to do was something else entirely. The more I thought about it, the more I looked forward to it as a day where I could EXERCISE as much as I wanted, when I wanted without feeling guilty about it taking time away from something else.

SUNRISE WALK: So while my husband and son were snoring away I woke up at 5:30am, threw on my shoes and went for a lovely, brisk 6 mile walk with my friend. I rarely workout in the morning, and never that early so it was a nice change to see the sun rise. I came home to find everyone still asleep so I showered and slipped back into bed. It was 10:30am before any of us woke back up. I was tickled to see I managed to get in a long walk AND grab some extra sleep. Score! My son and husband very sweetly made me breakfast and showered me with presents. I was stoked to get some new music to run to, a gift card for new running shoes from Fleet Feet and a gorgeous new charm for my bracelet. Perfect, thoughtful gifts. After breakfast we headed to the pool.

AFTERNOON AT THE POOL: I'm glad the camera caught this because my eyes were closed. EEEEKK!!! I'm terrified when they do this, but my son loves it! :)

DINNER: I typically prefer to support local businesses, but for Bonefish Grill I make an exception. They have a lot of great grilled fish options, but I am always suckered in by the Bang Bang Shrimp. So I indulged

I was excited to have an excuse to wear a new dress. I scored this one at Kohls for $10, and was elated to find out I fit in a SIZE FOUR.Crazy!

I love that boy.

SUNSET WALK: I had started my day out walking and watching the sun rise and I decided I wanted to end the day on a sunset walk. So we headed out to the Intercoastal Waterway bridge. Its usually where I do my hill work (bridge work in my case), but there was no running last night. Just a brisk walk as we watched the sunset over the water. Perfect!

It was beautiful, but it gets SUPER windy over the water. Check out the breeze in my sons hair, hilarious!

Thanks to my husband and my son for giving me the perfect day.

Don't forget to enter my ZeroWater giveaway.

The winner of my Pledge for Better Health giveaway is: Twelve Fit Feet.Send me your address: enduranceisntonlyphysical@gmail.com

What did YOU do this weekend?