The Connection Runners

GATHER 'ROUND ONE AND ALL: I HOLD THE SECRET TO WEIGHT LOSS

Man I wish that were true. I've gotten several emails over the last week asking what I did to lose weight. (I love the emails by the way, and enjoy responding so keep them coming!) I just wish I could tell you do "this" and "that" and viola! You'll lose weight too!

I can't. I don't hold the key to your weight loss because I'm not YOU. One of the things I've learned from this journey is there's not a "one size fits all" answer to weight loss. (Diane did a great post that corresponds with this yesterday, check it out if you have the time.) It may take some time to figure out what works for you.

I tried and failed so many "pre-packaged" diets. In the end, the only thing that makes sense to me is eating less and moving more. Moderation and exercise have always been the key to me. Basic, but not necessarily simple.

I would like to think that I'm a "success story" (I hit 110 pounds lost this week), but that doesn't mean I don't struggle. Everyone does.

Looking back over the past 10 months did I ever "fall off the wagon"? Guess that depends on how you define "falling off the wagon". There were certainly times where I wasn't very successful at practicing moderation. But I never let it set off a chain reaction. It never turned into even a full day of indulgences. I just brushed myself off and moved on from there.

I think how you respond to the inevitable bumps in the road is just as important as staying on track. This is real life people, stuff happens. Whatever way you choose to loose weight has to be sustainable. It truely HAS to be a lifestyle or its pretty much doomed for failure in the end.

Ready for my little pep talk? Huddle up team-

You can do this. 10 short months ago I was in your place, feeling helpless and overwhelmed. I went to bed each night ashamed of what I had let myself become. I had 100+ pounds to lose. It seemed near impossible to acheive.
IT IS POSSIBLE! Make one smart food decision at a time, put one foot in front of the other and just move. You can do it.

On a different note, I have Missy to thank for my first lovely blog award. As great as the award is, I am just as impressed by the way she described me when she gave me the award: "Tricia-An inspiration all wrapped up in a cute little body. I feel motivated and challenged by each post she writes."

edited to add: Looks like the wonderful Less of Lynsey awarded this to me as well. Thank you so much!

Here are the rules for this award, but basically I need to pass it on to 5 other great bloggers. I don't know who has and hasn't received this, but I wanted to point out a few blogs I enjoy.

Mel-2nd Chances-she has overcome A LOT and is an AMAZING athelete. Her post's are always inspiring to me.

Amanda at Run to the Finish-wow, just thinking of her blog makes me tired. :) Her workouts are amazing! I love how she just "tells it like it is" in her posts. And if I ever visit Miami and feel like a run, I'll definately be hitting her up!

Tiffany-she has a beautiful family and is working hard at being a healthy mommy. What a great example for her little one!

Merry@Sheesh-this is one of the most straight forward blogs I read. I love how she describes her adventures in weight loss, her inner monologue is hilarious.

Melissa-this beauty juggles so much in her life with two kiddos and hubby, and still manages to get out and compete in races. Check out her page!

How have you successfully lost weight? Counting calories? All things in moderation? What works for you?